Korean beauty has been trending in the US for the past decade, so here is some guidance from experts to help you get started.
Korean cosmetics companies have had an outsized impact on the skin care industry in the past few decades. Even though face masks are the most well-known K-beauty product, you should also think about incorporating some of the best cleansers, moisturisers, and treatments available.
Can you define “K-beauty” for me?
Korean beauty, short for “skincare products that are derived from South Korea,” is also known as “K-beauty.” To achieve the trendy “glass skin” look, the Korean beauty industry places a premium on health, hydration, and brightening.
Provide me with a rundown of the 10 steps required for Korean skincare.
According to Adore Beauty, the 10-step Korean skincare routine consists of the following:
If you want to use a balm or oil for cleansing, do the following: When you double cleanse, you first remove any oily residues like sunscreen, makeup, or sebum.
- There may still be some debris, so a cleanser made from water is used to get rid of it.
- Exfoliant: Once or twice weekly, depending on your skin type, exfoliate your skin with a physical or chemical exfoliant.
- Use a face mist or toner before applying other skin care products to help prepare the skin and restore its natural pH balance.
- The essence’s main function is to replenish lost moisture in the skin.
- An ampoule or serum is a potent topical treatment that can help you with your skin issues in a short amount of time. Depending on your skin type, you should use a specific kind of treatment.
- If your skin needs extra hydration, try using a sheet mask once a week.
- Fine lines, puffiness, dryness, and dark circles under the eyes can all be remedied with an effective eye cream.
- Moisturizers bought from best beauty supply are applied to the skin in order to maintain its natural moisture balance and to soothe its protective barrier.
- Additional sun protection during the day and a richer night-time moisturiser, face oil, or sleeping mask to use before bed: It’s the finishing touch to your hydration routine, or in the case of sunscreen, your sun protection routine.
How true is it that Korean skin care products are the best?
Because skincare is so subjective, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. The tenets of Korean beauty, however, are universally applicable because they focus on keeping the skin well hydrated and nourished.
When you buy a moisturiser from a K-beauty brand, you can rest assured that it will be specially formulated to address your unique skin care needs, rather than just a generic product. This is one of the main reasons why K-beauty has become so popular in the last decade. The products’ low-to-moderate price points also contribute to their popularity.