Do you have anxiety? Well, you must have terrible sleeping patterns. If you get too little sleep, it will affect your mood resulting in irritability and depression. Some vital functions occur during different sleeping stages that allow you to feel rested and energized. It also helps you learn and create memories. If you treat your anxiety disorder, your sleeping patterns will improve too. However, you need to practice some excellent sleeping tricks for the best results. Here are some tips from Slumber Search analysis:
- Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day, even during weekends.
- Daylight will set your sleep patterns so you can try being outdoors during the day for at least 30 minutes.
- You should exercise regularly but not very close to your sleeping time. You should work out early in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Take short naps, less than an hour. Don’t take naps very late in the afternoon.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks that take as much as 8 hours for the caffeine to wear off. You should completely stay away from caffeine if you often suffer from panic attacks since you will be extra-sensitive.
- Check your medications with your doctor to identify any stimulants that might be keeping you awake at night. You can switch medicines if possible.
- Stay away from alcohol, foods that induce heartburn, large meals or drinking a lot of fluid a few hours before going to bed.
- It’s time to quit smoking since it causes health problems such as compromising your sleep.
- Make sure your bedroom is dark, cool and quiet without any distractions such as a TV or a computer. Don’t read in bed using an electronic screen since the light being emitted will trick your brain that it’s daytime. Replace your mattress if it is uncomfortable.
- If you are still having a hard time falling asleep, you should listen to music or read before bed. You can also take a relaxing bath or take deep breaths to allow yourself to go to sleep.
- If you don’t fall asleep within 20 minutes of getting to bed, you can get out of bed and do something relaxing.
Try these tips for improved sleep immediately.